- Dates: 09/27/2021 - 10/03/2021
|Continuous Random Variables - Part 1||[ClassTranscribe]||[YouTube]||[Notes]|
|Continuous Random Variables - Part 2||[ClassTranscribe]||[YouTube]||[Notes]|
- Lab 05 - 11:59 PM Tuesday 09/28/2021
- HW 05 - 11:59 PM Friday 10/01/2021 (80% - 11:59 PM Sunday 09/03/2021)
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:50 PM Wednesday 10/06/2021.
- You will be given 110 minutes to complete the exam.
- Format: PrairieLearn exam.
- Proctor Service: Course staff proctoring through Zoom.
- Option 1: Wednesday 10/06/2021, 8:00 PM - 9:50 PM
- Option 2: Thursday 10/07/2021, 8:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- To take the conflict exam, please submit a conflict request here by 7:00 PM Tuesday 10/05/2021. After that, I will not approve any conflict exam request.
- Properties of Probability
- Conditional Probability
- Bayes’ Theorem
- Independent Events
- Methods of Enumeration (Counting)
- Random Variables (Discrete) - Expectation, Mean, Variance & Standard Deviation
- Binomial Distribution
- Geometric and Negative Binomial Distributions
- Hypergeometric and Multinomial Distributions
- Poisson Distribution
- Moment Generating Function
- Continuous Random Variables
- Normal Distribution
- Laptop with high-speed internet.
- Phone with camera or other device with camera used for proctoring.
- Scratch papers and writing utensil.
- R and RStudio installed on your computer.
Calculator. A graphing calculator is useful but not necessary. Your calculator should be able to perform:
One 8.5" x 11" sheet with notes.
- You may use both sides.
- You may write whatever you please.
- You may type and print your notes sheet.
In short, don’t cheat. Any violation will be punished as harshly as possible.
How many problems are on the exam?
- This question is irrelevant since each problem could have an arbitrary number of parts. A one problem exam could easily be written to be longer than a ten problem exam.
How long will it take to do the exam?
- If you are well prepared and manage your time efficiently: Under 110 minutes.
- If you are ill prepared or manage your time poorly: Over 110 minutes.
- You should not focus on this. Focus on practicing and being able to do questions of the types you’ve seen on homework. Let me worry about this. And believe me, I worry about this a lot.
Modified from David Dalpiaz’s exam policy with permission.